Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thermodynamics

Ok the presentation went well enough. I prepared well, but need to present my ideas in a more organized manner and need to not assume that my audience knows more than I do about my subject. So that is a huge relief from my shoulders.

My research is progressing well. I just wish I had more time to do that part of grad school. Time Time Time there doesn't appear to be enough time. I wish there were more hours in the day. Oh well I guess I can sleep less, and learn to budget my time even more guardedly. I only get to put about 8 to 10 hours per week into research the rest goes into my teaching my church, and my homework.

Homework is mostly for my thermodynamics class. Who knew that the entire semester of pchem was just scratching the surface. There is so much to know and so little time to do it all. I can't wait until sleep isn't necessary and I can just learn continuously.

I still love grad school. Lincoln is starting to feel like home. I don't have to use the GPS to get around nearly as much, probably no more than I would if I were driving around SLC.

I am discovering just how cool nanochemistry is and how cool nanomaterials are. I still don't have the robots that can turn peoples brains into goo; or change them into the Borg, but I do have some really neat flashy blinky lights. I can't believe that every thing I learn leads me to more and more questions. I am beginning to become adept at finding out what is known and what is not known. There are so many resources that I haven't even begun to touch yet.

Oh well there is much less stress now. I can just get back to thermo and thinking and working.

love you all

No comments: