Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Horses cats and powerpoint

This morning I had an epiphany I understand why I enjoy helping clean out the stables so much. It gives me a lot of the same benefits of having a pet without having to worry about it waiting at home with me gone all day. The days in the lab are very long and no pet would enjoy being locked up for more than 18 hours. Including myself. Anyway while cleaning out the stables we could hear a cat mewing but could not figure out where it was coming from. Turns out that a cat had been locked in one of the tack closets and wanted out.

Last night our group meeting went more than 5 hours as we helped another student get ready to present a talk today. As we did it I realized that my own presentation which is a week from yesterday is not nearly good enough and I don't want to take 5 hours after I present it to talk about how bad it was so in addition to all of the time that thermodynamics is taking I am going to spend some very late nights working on my presentation to make it look and sound like I have some idea of what I'm talking about. I didn't think a 50 minute presentation would take so much effort to get ready for.

Because of the time that homework is taking my research is getting less time than I would have liked. about 6 hours in the lab per week is the best I can hope for.

1 comment:

Miles said...

I bet it was a ChemCat, they are often found locked inside things (tack sheds, lockers, bathroom stalls). By the JockCats of course. You should take it in...it could either do your homework or a fantastic presentation. Imagine a 50 minute presentation by a ChemCat, they would be blown away!!