Saturday, August 23, 2008

Emotions are NOT Science

I love Lincoln, the weather is finally reasonable. It is still very humid but the temperature is fine. I am adjusting to driving even though I rarely do. Church is great here. They have me teaching Gospel Doctrine.

I miss Michelle and the kids very much. When I go home at night I’m just sad and lonely so I tend to stay at the office 18 hours a day I go home eat a dismal dinner and sleep for 6 hours. Wake up eat a bagel with poached egg and hurry off to work.

My orientation and training this past week have not left me time to dig into my research reading as much as I would have liked. There was very little of use in any of the meetings but I know the school has to cover themselves from liability.

Monday the 25th I start classes. I’m terrified. I know I can do it, I also know that I am expected to perform at a much higher level of competency than ever before. I know that course work is not what is important in graduate school; however it can get you into trouble. There is so much to learn, so many questions to answer, a mere lifetime isn’t enough to get through it all. I have to budget my 18 hours each day wisely. I am going to take Sundays off from school and I am also going to prepare a lesson on Saturday so I will have that to look forward to.

Well dear reader I leave you to ponder the truth of the universe. May you find answers to all of your dreams, and an easing of your heavy burden.

Love to all

No comments: