Thursday, November 27, 2008

thanksgiving

As I sit here in my office trying to figure out why my most recent experiment didn’t return the expected results I have to wonder “what am I thankful for.” It’s been a difficult week; things haven’t worked out nearly as well as they could have. I am feeling pulled in all directions and my family is almost a thousand miles away. I have my big projects to work on but at the same time I am helping with several others. I don’t know where the priorities are. My own homework and studies of things not related to my research are difficult enough.
But enough of my worries. I am grateful to be in graduate school, especially here at UNL. I have a great adviser and great lab mates who help out and are concerned about me and my well being. I am proving up to the task at hand and will somehow succeed. I am grateful for the church and the peach it brings to me. I am grateful for my roommate, he is a real help in these trying times. Mostly I am grateful for my wonderful wife and children. They support me in all my insanity and even though we’re not together right now I know they love me and care for me.

Happy Thanks Giving

No comments: